Security: windows and doors
Securing Your Windows
This week our theme has been increasing the security of your home and the fact that the first steps to beefing up your home security is to ensure that your doors and windows are robust and well-secured.
With the doors to your home this need for secure locks almost goes without saying, however, you’d be amazed at how many people don’t secure their windows. Don’t forget, windows are another entry point into your home.
All our windows are fitted with a roller cam lock system as standard. This system comprises four adjustable roller cams with individual keeps, plus a handle that click locks and has a further key lock. And just to be on the safe side, we have added a dead bolt for good measure.
However, here at DGOTW, we do understand that daily news reports of increasing crime rates might make you crave even more security, which is why we offer an optional upgrade to the Sac shoot bolt system. Here’s a summary explaining why this system brings extra security to your home. The Sac shoot bolt system features:
- an 8 Point locking system with unique corner drive design on all windows regardless of size
- unique full depth euro-groove lock-out design to maximise security performance
- 400% more shoot bolt contact area with keep when compared to traditional flat shootbolts
- modern contemporary design with options of composite or steel plated keeps
- Unique anti-slip and lock detail to shoot bolt head
- Supaglide gear box action, tested to 100,000 cycles (that equals 30 years of heavy use)
- The Sac shoot bolt system is rigorously tested to BS7950 and beyond to achieve Secure by Design status
- The system is backed up by Progress Plus – an anti break-in guarantee that brings extra peace of mind.
That should do the trick!
Doors of Opportunity: Security
The doors to your home are doors of opportunity to a determined thief. OK, so if someone is hell bent on getting into your home there’s not a lot you can do to stop them. The best option then would be a decent burglar alarm and Neighbourhood Watch Scheme to try and minimise the damage. However there are things you can do to help prevent your home becoming the target for theft.
An easily recognisable alarm can be a great deterrent and so too can other tell-tell signs that a home is going to be harder to access than first thought. It might sound obvious but quality UPVC front doors and back doors contribute greatly to your homes security. Double Glazing companies realise the security priority most people place on the doors in their home and so install many valuable features within their UPVC doors as standard.
Probably not the first thing many of us think of when we ring the doorbell, but to a thief reinforced hinges, toughened Pilkington glass, multi-point roller locks and internal beading are all signs that perhaps it might be more trouble than it’s worth and so move on.